“Write Your Story” Writers Groups - 2011
Local facilitators held four structured workshops in each of four libraries to teach creative writing to aspiring writers who then formed local Writer’s Groups to continue with their work.
- Event Dates, Locations and Attendance at each individual event:
April 2 – May 23, 2011 Libraries in: New York Mills, Elbow Lake, Fergus Falls and Perham
- Partner Organization(s): Lake Region Writers Network
- Partner Organization(s) Contribution/Role in the Program: helped develop the program, distributed the training guide, distributed publicity
Program Outputs: 76 participants attended 16 sessions….each person attending 4 different sessions
Measurable Outcomes may be collected by survey, anecdotal responses, pre-test/post-test, observations; Describe proposed end user change in Behavior, Attitude, Skills, Knowledge, Condition and/or Status.
- Increase participants knowledge of the writing process.
- Encourage participants to continue with their avocation.
- Set up a structured group to do so.
- Participants responded positively to course content and its appropriateness to help them move forward in their writing.
- All four libraries have active Writer’s Groups who meet at the libraries regularly.