Bus Trip to King Tut Exhibit
Bus trips to the Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul to view the King Tut exhibit. Some groups also attended the Mummies film in the Omnitheatre. While there, participants also viewed exhibits throughout the museum.
Event Dates, Locations and Attendance at each individual event:
- April 2, 16, May 7, 14, June 8, 11, 25, 30, 2011.
- Libraries participating: Elbow Lake, New York Mills, Fergus Falls, Glenwood, Browns Valley, Wheaton, Perham, Morris, Hancock, and Pelican Rapids.
Program Outputs: 518 participants in 8 excursions
Measurable Outcomes may be collected by survey, anecdotal responses, pre-test/post-test, observations; Describe proposed end user change in Behavior, Attitude, Skills, Knowledge, Condition and/or Status.
- To broaden participants knowledge of ancient history by allowing them to see the actual artifacts from a famous excavation.
- As with the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit, participants were overwhelmed by the opportunity to go and by what they were able to see.
- There is not enough room to describe the emotion at having the chance to take these trips.