Field Trip to Children’s Theatre Company and Minneapolis Institute of Art - 2011
The Thorson Memorial Library Children’s Book Group as well as adults with children took a Saturday field trip to the Children’s Theatre Company and the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Event Dates, Locations and Attendance at each individual event: June 18, 2011, bus trip to Minneapolis
Program Outputs: 42 people went on the trip ranging in age from 7 to 75
Measurable Outcomes may be collected by survey, anecdotal responses, pre-test/post-test, observations;Describe proposed end user change in Behavior, Attitude, Skills, Knowledge, Condition and/or Status.
- To introduce attendees to professional live theatre and a professional art museum.
- Many of the participants did not have experience with either venue.
- Participants were thrilled with the opportunity to experience live theatre and an art museum in one trip.
- The children were able to give great detail of the trip to their friends.
- The staff was surprised at the level of interest in the museum from the children.