Mantorville Historic District: St. John's Episcopal Church Entrance
(b) Statewide Historic and Cultural Grants. (i) $2,250,000 in 2010 and $4,500,000 in 2011 are appropriated for history programs and projects operated or conducted by or through local, county, regional or other historical or cultural organizations; or for activities to preserve significant historic and cultural resources. Funds are to be distributed through a competitive grants process. The Minnesota Historical Society shall administer these funds using established grants mechanisms, and with assistance from the advisory committee created herein.
To restore the front steps and add handicap accessibility to St. John's Episcopal Church, listed in the National Register of Historic Places and current home of the Dodge County Historical Society
- Disassemble old limestone steps and sides.
- Excavate for, furnish and install frost footings for new ramp, new landing and reassembled limestone steps and landing.
- Construct new concrete landing.
- Construct 30' X 5' handicap ramp from new landing to the east.
- Reassemble limestone landing and steps south of new landing.
- Furnish and install limestone veneer on south face of new ramp.
- Rough grading of disturbed areas.