Celebrating Arts and History
- Attendees enjoyed presentations from local artists. Many commented that they didn’t know there were such high-quality performers in their community.
- Performing artists were gratified to be invited to perform in their local library. In both Cambridge and Chisago Lakes, harpists allowed children to listen up close and touch the instruments. Several attendees commented that they had never seen a real harp being played.
- In North Branch, at the end of the folksinger’s part of the program, she was joined by the harpist who was to perform next and audience members in singing folk songs that were requested by the audience – a real community event.
- Several attendees asked if we could have more performance programs like the Anniversary Celebration activities (we can and we will).
A variety of performing artists performed at the 14 branches celebrations of the East Central Regional Library 50th Anniversary.
- 25 performing artists performed at 14 ECRL 50th Anniversary celebrations;
- Approximately 1,850 people attended the 14 ECRL 50th Anniversary celebrations and experienced the arts by listening and talking to the 25 performers.
Event Dates and Locations: November 5 thru November 21, 2009 - Performances held in each of the East Central Regional Library branches.