Diversity Outreach

Project Details by Fiscal Year
2017 Fiscal Year Funding Amount
$239,277
Fund Source
Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund
Recipient
Minnesota Historical Society
Recipient Type
Non-Profit Business/Entity
Status
In Progress
Start Date
July 2016
End Date
June 2017
Activity Type
Education/Outreach/Engagement
Counties Affected
Statewide
Legal Citation / Subdivision
Session Law Reference: Laws of Minnesota 2015, 1st Special Session, chapter 2, article 4, section 2, subdivision 4 (b) (3) Parternships
Appropriation Language

$2,060,000 the first year and $2,140,000 the second year are for partnerships involving multiple organizations, which may include the Minnesota Historical Society, to preserve and enhance access to Minnesota's history and cultural heritage in all regions of the state.

2017 Fiscal Year Funding Amount
$239,277
Direct expenses
$239,277
Administration costs
$26,254
Number of full time equivalents funded
2.60
Proposed Measurable Outcome(s)

Access:
In FY16, the majority of respondents from the Tours for People with Memory Loss (95%) rated their overall experience as excellent or very good. The remaining 5% rated their overall experience as good. In total, 100% of participants had a positive experience overall. For FY17, maintain those strong numbers.
In FY16, 68 percent of families, 66 percent of adults, and 63 percent of young adults at programs felt very satisfied with physical accessibility. FY17 goal - increase number of very satisfied with physical accessibility to 68 percent for all (families, adults, and young adults).

Inclusion:
In FY16, 66 percent of adults, 64 percent of families, and 63 percent of young adults strongly agreed that the programs felt welcoming and inclusive of their identity(ies). FY17 goal - increase the number of strongly agreed to 66 percent for all (adults, families, and young adults)
In FY16, MNHS staff attended 12 community events and had a table and visual presence to raise awareness of the organization. In addition, we are in the process of assessing the growth of MNHS staff who staffed the tables on their development of inclusion skills and comfort in working with diverse communities. DICE staff hosted 6 sponsored events for community based organizations at the Minnesota History Center.

Project Overview
MNHS is working to strengthen its presence and visibility as a community resource to Minnesota's diverse communities by supporting a strategic tabling and sponsorship effort at 12 community events, such as Rondo Days, Twin Cities Jazz Festival and the Cultural Heritage and Social Action Summit. In addition, funds supported co-sponsoring and hosting diverse events, such as Twin Cities Black Film Festival and Somali Independence Day events at the Minnesota History Center. MNHS is partnering with the Minnesota State Council on Disabilities and VSA MN in order to better understand the needs and interests of people living with physical and cognitive disabilities. An advisory group has been formed to provide feedback and direction. In addition, MNHS is playing a key role in creating an access consortium with colleagues from Twin Cities arts and cultural organizations to learn, share, advise and coordinate with each other about this work.
Project Manager
First Name
MNHS
Last Name
Legacy
Organization Name
Minnesota Historical Society
Street Address
345 Kellogg Blvd. W
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Zip Code
55102
Phone
651-259-3105