To hire qualified professionals to repair masonry on the G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) Hall, now part of the Meeker County Historical Society's museum facilities, listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The project replaced asphalt shingles from the late 1960s with wooden shingles to complete a restoration project started in 2007, the repair the roof of the District No. 44 School, listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It involved removing two layers of shingles and inspecting the underlying sheathing, making historically accurate repairs where necessary, and re-shingling the school with wooden shingles.
The Little Red Schoolhouse has a long history in Kanabec County. Built in 1882 for $350, it served as the first schoolhouse for School District No. 2 before finding a home on the fairgrounds. The Little Red Schoolhouse is home to children's art displays and a variety of activities. Funds will provide a new roof, repair the ceiling, and make the necessary adaptations to make the building handicap accessible. Additionally, period costumes will be purchased and a teacher will be hired for programming.